Extension activities of our college are integrated into our academic curriculum for which 2 credits are awarded.
Our college promotes network with society through organizing awareness programmes like:
- blood donation camp
- cleanliness activities
- literacy programmes
- social interactions
All II Year Students are engaged in the extension activity which comes under the curriculum. Apart from them
- National Service Scheme
- National Cadet Corps
- Youth Red Cross serve the society through One-day and Special Camp.
- Extension programme should be dynamic and flexible
- Extension makes good communities better and progressive
- Extension contributes to national development programmes
- The success of extension education has to be measured by the level of satisfaction of the people i.e., the extension beneficiaries
- 05-Jan-2019: NSS, NCC and YRC volunteers and Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, Lions Club, Karaikudi jointly organized an eye-camp. In this program, local public citizens of Pallathur, students and their parents were benefitted.
- 30-Jul-2018: A Blood Donation Camp was organized with the medical team headed by Meenakshi Mission Hospital, Madurai.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme is a sponsored programme under the Department of Youth Affairs & Sports of the Government of India, started in the year 1969. It aims at orienting the student community towards community service.
The motto of NSS is Not Me, But You. Our college NSS team aims to create awareness about the responsibilities towards the society and induce the youth to be more vibrant in social activities.
NSS Units in SAC
- The NSS in our College, has 1 Programme Officer for each of the 4 units of 100 volunteers each unit.
- NSS volunteers adopt a village and conduct a special camp in the village every year.
- Volunteers are involved in creating awareness about social issues, education, cleanliness through stage shows, etc.
- The other activities of the special camp are temple cleaning, sapling plantation, health camps etc.
- Kasthuri V, Mrs, Associate Professor of Commerce (Convenor)
- Bhuvaneswari, R, PhD, Assistant Professor of Zoology (Unit 40: Programme Officer)
- Panchavarnam M, PhD, Assistant Professor of Tamil (Unit 41: Programme Officer)
- Elizabeth Rani R, PhD, Assistant Professor of Economics(Unit 42: Programme Officer)
- Mohanavalli S, PhD, Assistant Professor of Mathematics(Unit 43: Programme Officer)
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- The NCC unit of our college consists of 100 cadets.
- Lt.Col.Malik is the commanding officer of our unit.
- Unity, discipline and National Integration are the prime principles of our Motherland.
- NCC induces the student community to achieve these principles by imparting intensive training and conduction of Parades, Camps and National Integration camps among others.
- It is also worth mentioning that many cadets appeared for 'C' certificate and for 'B' certificate and most of them came out with flying colors.
NCC Programme Officer
- Lt. Ananthaselvi R, PhD, Associate Professor and Head (Zoology)
Youth Red Cross (YRC)
- Youth Red Cross is the youth wing of the Indian Red Cross Society functioning in our college.
- Experts from various fields are invited and training sessions are given.
- Important National and International days are celebrated and competitions are conducted for the students to build their team spirit and leadership qualities.
- YRC wing of our college conducts various activities like:
- health checkups
- health awareness programmes
- training in first-aid and disaster management
- national integration programmes all of which foster service mindedness and social responsibility in students.
Health, Service and Friendship
YRC District Co-ordinator: Chitra T, PhD, Associate Professor of Economics Programme Officers:
- Geetha, S R, PhD, Assistant Professor of Tamil
- Thangam R, PhD, Assistant Professor of English