Women Harrassment Cell
The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/Students/Staff to take preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Dr. R.Nageswari (Co-ordinator)
- Dr.A.Ananthavalli (Member)
- Dr. S.N.Rajeswari (Member)
- Harrassment: Covers a wide range of behaviours of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive.
Women face a lot of challenges and vulnerability, among others, due to prevalence in Indian Society of:
- Patriarchal society and stereotypical mindsets
- Childbearing role
- Family responsibilities
- Deep-rooted cultural norms
Links on the Web
- GUIDELINES RELATED TO SEXUAL HARRASMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE
- Government Resources
- Women's Web Advisory
2019-March-13: The Women Harassment Cell conducted an International Conference on Self Defence Strategies for Women.
- The Chief Guest, Mrs. R. Lakshmi, Inspector of Police, Pallathur, delivered inaugural Address.
- Dr. T.Dhanabalan, Post doctoral Researcher, Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea shared safety mechanism for women on the society.